I have the perfect healthy winter warmer for you all! How does a baked ginger and cinnamon pear with a salted caramel date sauce and homemade granola sound to you? Good? Well I’ve shared the recipe with you below!
I wanted to create something that was easy to make using ingredients which you may find lying around the house. I live in a pretty healthy household so apologies if I’ve listed some ingredients below and you’re thinking ‘erm why would I have that in my house?’ This is also a pretty flexible recipe, you can add as much cinnamon, walnuts, figs etc. as you like, and you can even switch up the recipe by adding whatever you like.
The pear is ridiculously easy to make and it’s so comforting to eat when it comes straight out the oven, especially with the crunchy granola. I’m not going to lie to you and say that the a salted caramel sauce made from dates tastes exactly like actual salted caramel sauce, it doesn’t, b
ut the date sauce with salt is a great healthy alternative.
There’s nothing like cosy-ing up with a warm dessert when it’s cold outside!
- 1 ripe pear
- Cinammon powder
- Ginger powder
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 10 dates soaked overnight
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp oats
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped figs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- First, make the granola. In a bowl, mix the oats, coconut oil, honey, chopped walnuts and figs. Mix the ingredients well and spread the mix in a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the oats turn golden brown. Then leave to cool. Turn the oven temperature down to 180C for the pear.
- Make the date sauce. In a blender, mix the dates and salt, add a little of the water that you used to soak the dates in as well.
- Make the baked pear. Peel a pear and cut it in half down the middle. In a bowl, add some honey and as much cinnamon as you like. Place the pear halves in a baking tray lined with kitchen foil. Used your fingers or a brush to cover both halves of the pear and sprinkle ginger on top. Cover the pear with the foil and pop in the oven for 25 mins.
Hope you enjoy this dessert 🙂
Lots of love,