I’ve been super excited to use the New York Cheesecake Whey Protein Powder that Protein Dynamix sent over to me! Seriously, who doesn’t love cheesecake?! (If you don’t, sorry we can’t be friends). I was thinking of recipe’s for this cheesecake but obviously it’s a no brainer. I made a Protein Chocolate Chip New York Cheesecake recipe, mmm!
It’s thick and creamy like your usual new york cheesecake and it doesn’t have a rubber-like texture at all! It’s quite a heavy dessert, so you might find yourself feeling full after a few bites. Althought I used a New York cheesecake flavoured protein powder, I’m sure the recipe would work just as well with a Vanilla protein powder.
The base is made from my quick and easy gluten-free and dairy-free almond biscuit recipe; however, this recipe can be made without the base.
This recipe isn’t enough to fill a whole 8 inch or 7 inch baking tin. I used a small baking tray or you can try using.a muffin tray to bake lots of little cheesecakes.
- 250g low fat cream cheese
- 3/8 cup 0% greek yoghurt
- 1/2 scoop Protein Dynamix NY Cheesecake Whey Powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 tbsp honey
- 70% dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup almond flour/ground almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 175C and lightly grease your baking tray
- Make the base first. Combine all the ingredients together. The mixture should stick together a little.
- Make the filling. Combine the cream cheese and yoghurt until well mixed. Then add the egg whites, protein powder and honey.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces. If the chocolate chips are too big, they’ll sink to the bottom of the cheesecake.
- Pat down a layer of the biscuit base in your baking tray. Add the cheesecake filling on top.
- Pop in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the top of the cheesecake browns a little.