I’m SO excited to be working with my favourite chocolate brand Hotel Chocolat! I absolutely looove their chocolate, it’s so rich and creamy. After long shopping spree’s at University I used to relax with a cuppa and Hotel Chocolat chocolate in my uni room (swear I had more money as a student). I’ve been very fortunate to have been asked to create some recipe’s for them, and so I give you my Gluten-Free Tiramisu Brownie!
Hotel Chocolate very kindly sent over £50 worth of chocolate (it’s literally a dream come true) and I got to choose the chocolates that I wanted to create recipe’s with. I also ordered a Spicy Chocolate Chai Tea for myself…what can I say, I love my tea!
I wanted to create something sophisticated like Hotel Chocolat but also a recipe that anyone could make.
My first recipe is a Gluten-Free Tiramisu Brownie; a light mascaporne and cream cheese layer sandwiched by 2 soft and gooey brownie layers tinged with the subtle taste of rum and coffee and topped with chopped Hotel Chocolat Tiramisu Chocolate pieces. Am I making your mouth water yet?
- 2 x prepared Free From Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
- Chopped Hotel Chocolate Tiramisu Chocolates
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp rum
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- Pre-heat the oven at the temperature mentioned on the prepared brownie mixture. Line a square baking tin with butter and greaseproof paper.
- Prepare the 2 Free From Brownie mixtures in 2 separate bowls. The packaging will tell you add water to the brownie mixutre, replace this with the coffee and rum: add 1/4 of the brewed coffee to one mixture and 1/4 to the other. Add 1 tbsp rum to one mixure and 1 tbsp to the other.
- For the cream layer, mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, 4 egg whites, sugar and vanilla essence together. Mix until well combined for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour 1 bowl of the brownie mixture in the baking tin and spread evenly.
- Pour the cream layer on top of the brownie mixture.
- Pour the 2nd bowl of brownie mixture over the cream layer.
- Pop the baking tin in the oven for as long as mentioned on the prepared brownie mixture package (you might need to leave the brownie in for a little longer as you’re using 2 packets of brownie mixture)
- Chop the Hotel Chocolat Tiramisu chocolates into smaller pieces.
- Take the brownie out of the oven when it’s cooked. Whilst it’s still hot, stick the chopped Tiramisu chocolate pieces in the top of the brownie.
I had fun creating a non-healthy recipe, makes a change from my protein desserts, and winter’s on the way so I need to pile on the fat to keep myself warm!
Thank you so much for this opportunity Hotel Chocolat. I can’t wait to create more recipe’s for you!